D.A.V. College of Education for Women, formerly known as Saraswati Training College for Women was founded in 1956 by Lala Balak Ram Kapoor. In 1993, D.A.V. College Managing Committee, Chitra Gupta Road, New Delhi, took over the administration and financial control of the institution. The college is housed in its own magnificent and spacious building which includes – a well furnished library-cum-reading room; resource centres for ICT, Art and Craft, Psychology, Health and Physical Education, Science, Mathematics and Social Science; Lawns; Parking Space; Hostel and modern amentieis; visitor’s room, common room, canteen, hall and audio-visual hall etc.
The College is affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University for its B.Ed. and M.Ed. as well as P.G.D.C.A. (Teacher Education) courses. This is one of the premier Teacher Education Institutes in Northern India. The college provides facilities for research in education upto Ph.D. level.
Provide quality pre-service teacher education including sufficient theoretical and practical knowledge of skills, developing teaching competencies, undertaking, interests and attitudes to produce enthusiastic, creative, confident, assertive, innovative knowledgeable, research-oriented, competent teachers.
Our mission is to undertake a journey towards excellence in Pre-service Teacher Education through research and innovative practices with deeper emphasis on pedagogical skills and optimum use of available resources.